The ALPINE UP is the most complete and versatile belay/abseil device ever produced.
Has been developed especially for mountaineering.
It can be used with half or twin ropes ø 7.7 ÷ 9 mm, and a single rope ø 8.9 ÷ 10.5 mm.
Allows self-locking abseiling, two different belay modes and the simultaneously and independently belay of two seconds.
Easy to use, intuitive in its functions and safe even in case of error.
Patented and entirely designed and manufactured in ITALY.
Is the only tool on the market that allows self-locking abseiling and the innovative advantage of being used with two different belaying modes, depending on the terrain where you are:
CLICK UP MODE
for sport climbing multi-pitch route with good bolting protection.
for alpine trad route with traditional gear.
CLICK UP MODE
(Hand assisted braking):
- Belaying a lead climber on multi-pitch sports climbing routes (bolts protections)
- Self-locking abseil
- Absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted
DYNAMIC MODE (Manual braking):
- Belaying a lead climber on traditional alpine route (traditional protection)
- Braking friction with "V" grooves
- Abseiling with "V" grooves brake
BELAYING OF THE SECOND:
- Independent and simultaneous belaying of one or two second climbers
- Possibility of gradual release and lower of the second under tension
It is assembled with hot forged alluminium cheeks, steel breaking supports and plastic parts made of reinforced nylon. It weighs only 160 g
. It is available in its packaging with our CONCEPT HMS SGL