The SynMats do not reach the insulating properties of
our DownMats but offer the same comfort, low weight and compact packed size.
They come at a lower price point as synthetic fiber is less expensive than the
goose down found in our DownMats. The weight to warmth ratio is far superior to
standard foam filled sleeping mats.
- Both low profile valves (pat. pend) one for inflation and the other for deflation ensure ease of use. As the valves are flat and not on the mat‘s edge they do not protrude and are therefore protected and durable.
- Welded baffles between the microfiber filled chambers, unlike traditional airmats, eliminate cold spots and create a comfortably supportive and stable air cushion.
- Laminated polyester fabric is both durable, airtight and humidity resistant. The shell‘s top surface is of brushed polyester fabric that provides excellent slip resistance and comfort next to the skin. The seams are high frequency welded for durability.
- Two loops at the head end can be used to secure the packsack to the mat when used as a pillow.
- Light and warm: The Synmat 7 has a heat resistance value (R-value) of 4.9. At about the same weight a standard 2.5 cm self inflating mat only offers a R-value of 2.5. EMPA tests demonstrated that regular mats lose 3x more heat to cold ground than to the air. The conclusion is that a warmer mat is more important than a warmer sleeping bag.
- Included: repair kit with adhesive and fabric patches.