Belay device with assisted braking for 8.5 to 11 mm
The GRIGRI 2 belay device with assisted braking is designed to facilitate
belay maneuvers. The GRIGRI 2 works equally well for lead climbing and top
roping. It may be used on all single dynamic 8.5 to 11 mm ropes on the market
(ideal at 8,9 mm to 10.5 mm). Both compact and ultra-light, the GRIGRI + will
accompany you on climbs around the world for many years. The GRIGRI + has a new
design that allows excellent control during the descent.
- Belay technique identical to classic belay systems: both hands on the
rope. A fall is stopped by tightening the hand on the free end of the rope.
- Assisted braking capability: during fall arrest, the belayer holds
the free end of the rope, the cam pivots and pinches the rope, increasing the
braking action until the rope stops sliding.
- The GRIGRI + has a new design that allows excellent control during the
descent. One hand holds the rope and the other uses the handle to unlock the
cam. The patented handle design allows a very gradual release of the rope. In
combination with the strong braking action of the cam, it gives a great
feeling of control when lowering a partner or rappelling.
- The GRIGRI + is compact and ultra-light at 185 g (25 % smaller
and 20 % lighter than the GRIGRI)
- The construction includes a stainless steel friction plate and cam to
ensure a long life for the product
- For 8.9 to 11 mm single ropes (ideal at 9.4 to 10.3 mm)
- Diagrams for rope installation engraved on belay device (interior and